Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Metapost: Retail roundup

As this is a fan blog, I'd like to try and post roundups of Liō in the news or references in interesting sources. While not entirely on topic of the commenting on Liō strips, its kind of nice to see Liō getting around.

Retail, 6/18/07
I hadn't even heard of Retail, but a run through the Google news finder brought to my attention that it had made an amusing Liō reference. I particularly like how Liō is rendered only in black and white. It makes him appear even creepier than usual. While Liō is no stranger to making jokes about other comics, this is the first strip I know of that has referenced Liō. The Dark Child spreads his tendrils further!

Another sighting came yesterday in a letter to the editor in the Winston-Salem Journal. I appreciate that the writer not only defended the Dark Child, but also taken shots at the never-ending hells of Blondie and Dennis the Menace. The latter of whom Liō seems to be putting to shame as far as the menacing factor.

I'd like to note that the Winston-Salem Journal is one of quite a few papers that seems to be swapping Peanuts with Liō. Now I have nothing against Peanuts, except that its in endless reruns and Shulz was pretty adamant that there be no reruns. But I find it amusing that when people seem to think of Peanuts replacements, our Dark Child comes to mind, especially considering today's catapulting strip.

No comments: